An all-Canadian natural gas solution
Pieridae Energy is bringing ethically-produced Canadian LNG to world markets through the Goldboro LNG Facility on Canada’s East Coast.
We are leading our country’s energy future by respecting Indigenous reconciliation, working to reduce GHG emissions at home and abroad, and creating good paying middle-class jobs across Canada.
Journalists and analysts have described Pieridae as ‘a PEA-sized company with a huge natural gas vision. If this is David and Goliath’, they wrote, ‘at the very least, David has some pretty big rocks in his sling’.
We will continue to use those rocks prudently and wisely.
‘We provide cleaner energy to fuel people’s daily lives.’
The idea of delivering energy around the world started over a decade ago with a dream to achieve great things in the Canadian energy industry.
Our country’s cleaner-burning, ethically-produced natural gas helps replace higher GHG intensity fuels such as coal used for electricity.
Our Goldboro LNG Facility that is being developed off Canada’s East Coast is the perfect launching point to export liquified natural gas to Europe.
We are eager to be a leader in developing Canada's energy future.
The Pieridae Advantage
- We are led by a management team with over 130 years of combined experience developing LNG and other Oil & Gas projects like Galveston LNG and the North West Redwater Partnership to name a few!
- Customers can count on unprecedented price stability and visibility thanks to our fully integrated strategy delivering gas from ground to ship.
- The entire project is supported by a partnership with Germany’s Uniper to supply it with liquified natural gas for 20 years.
- The German Government has shown support for the project through the confirmation of eligibility in principle of an untied loan guarantee of up to US$4.5 billion.
- We are also grateful for the extensive support from Canadian Federal and Provincial governments, local communities, Germany and other countries.
- Respecting reconciliation as we build on a signed benefits agreement with the Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq and discuss how Alberta’s Treaty 7 Nations can benefit from Goldboro LNG.